Website University of Nebraska-Lincoln
We invite you to become a part of the Ecological Approach to Family Style Dining team.
The Ecological Approach to Family Style Dining (EAT Family Style) is an integrated (web-based + coaching) childhood obesity prevention program.
Website link: http://childpd.unl.edu/index.php?menu=EAT
Purpose: To improve childcare providers’ use of responsive feeding practices and reduce controlling feeding practices with three- to five-year-old children in their care.
Job type: Part-time employment.
1. Measure childcare providers’ feeding practices through mealtime observation
2. Measure children’s dietary intake in childcare through meal observation
The childcare centers across the state Nebraska. Your data collection site/s will be selected based on locations which will be convenient for you.
- If selected in interview and successfully complete the training, you will receive $10/hour for data collection.
- Improve your resume
- Gain nutrition education and evaluation experience.
- Make a difference in your community
· Data collection will be done during mid-morning snack and lunch in childcare settings (10AM- 2 PM)
· Remaining hours are flexible depending on your schedule
The EAT Family Style project is funded by USDA and includes the following partners: Nebraska Team Nutrition, Nebraska Extension, Nutrition Education Program, Nebraska Department of Education, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, Nebraska Center for Children, Youth, Families and Schools, and the Children’s Center for Child and Community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org