Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, formerly the Nebraska Dietetic Association, is made up for more than 600 dietetic professionals, including Registered Dietitians (RD), Dietetic Technicians Registered (DTR), and Dietetic students. The Nebraska Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is an affiliate of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic and has been serving citizens of Nebraska since 1935. NAND reflects the vision, mission, and values of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. With over 73,000 members, the Academy is the nation’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. The Academy serves the public by promoting optimal nutrition, health and well-being. Academy members are the nation’s food and nutrition experts, translating the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living.
Vision: Optimize Nebraskans’ health through food and nutrition.
Mission: Empower members to be Nebraska’s food and nutrition leaders.
Areas of expertise include:
- Clinical nutrition
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Food service management
- Culinary skills
- Nutrition Communications
Certifications are held by some members in related areas such as:
- Certified Nutrition Support Clinician
- Certified Diabetes Educator
- Certified Lifestyle and Weight Management
- Board Certification as a Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition
- Board Certification as a Specialist in Renal Nutrition
- Board Certification as a Specialist in Gerontological Nutrition
- Board Certification as a Specialist in Oncology Nutrition
- Board Certification as a Specialist in Sports Dietetics
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- Certificate of Training in Childhood and Adolescent Weight Management
- Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management