Website University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Open Rank Extension Educator
Food, Nutrition, and Health (Morrill County)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the desire to help others create healthier lifestyles for a higher quality of life? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs in food, nutrition, and health? Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit a passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high-performing teams to create and deliver world-class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
Nebraska Extension has an excellent opportunity for a full-time non-tenure track faculty position located in Bridgeport, NE. This position’s primary responsibility is to develop and deliver educational programs and resources within the geographic accountability region of Morrill, Scotts Bluff, Banner, Kimball, Cheyenne, Garden, and Deuel Counties. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will be food, nutrition, and health. This person will teach and coordinate food, nutrition, and health programs regionally for 1) Individual behavior patterns and environments that reduce obesity and chronic disease and improve human well-being and 2) A safe and diverse food supply with choices/access for people focused on health.
We invite you to learn more about this role and Nebraska Extension using the following links: Our Strategic Direction | Nebraska Extension (unl.edu) and Nebraska Extension – Food, Nutrition and Health – YouTube.
- Master’s degree required in Nutrition and Health Sciences, Nutrition, Exercise and Health Sciences, Dietetics, Nutrition Education, Public Health, or a closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by the start date.
- Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., publications, presentations, web, and social media).
- Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), or Community Health Education Specialist.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in nutrition or a health-related field.
- Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
- Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
- Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs, including grant writing, fund generation, contracting, and/or cost recovery efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
- Ability to speak language(s) other than English; Spanish preferred.
Recognizing that diversity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and the Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of diversity. Consistent with the University’s N2025 Strategic Plan, we see every person and every interaction as important to our collective well-being and our ability to deliver on our mission.
This position is not eligible for employment-based permanent residency sponsorship. UNL may be able to sponsor temporary work authorization (e.g., H-1B) for the successful candidate.
Review of applications will begin June 5, 2023, and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. To view details of the position and create an application, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_230079. Click “Apply for this Job” and complete the information form. Attach 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job and anticipated contributions; 2) your curriculum vitae or resume; and 3) contact information for three professional references. In addition, within the application, please complete the required supplemental question(s), one specifically describing your experience working in diverse teams or groups and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters. See https://ianr.unl.edu/tips-writing-about-commitment-to-deib for guidance in writing this statement.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
To apply for this job please visit employment.unl.edu.