Website MercyOne Siouxland
At MercyOne Siouxland, we own our actions to achieve our larger goals. We invest in great people and ask that you make each experience your responsibility.
What we offer:
We care about your wellbeing, both physical and mental, which is why our benefit package includes:
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
About the job:
Under limited supervision, utilizes a multi disciplinary approach to health care, assists the health care team in providing holistic patient care, specific to the age of the patient population identified within the patient care unit, in accordance with the NCS Department standards. Interfaces with food service operations staff to facilitate provision of optimal nutritional care to patients. Participates in preventative community educational experiences and outpatient care.
What you will do:
- Coordinates and monitors assessment of all patients for nutritional risk, utilizing a multi disciplinary approach to patient care.
- Comprehensively assesses, organizes and records information and intake data pertinent to patients identified at nutritional risk.
- Evaluates appropriateness of prescribed diets and nutrition support regimens. Formulates recommendations for optimal nutritional intervention. Notifies nursing and/or medical staff of discrepancies in nutritional needs and recommendations.
- Documents all pertinent data in designated areas of the patient’s medical record. Participates in discharge planning and team conferences to further communicate patient needs.
- Monitors nutritional status and intake of patients and provides follow-up care as warranted, utilizing input from nursing staff, members of the health care team, Diet Technicians, and food service operations staff. Acts as liaison between patient care units and food service operations.
- Evaluates patient’s potential for compliance with prescribed diet regimen, patient’s ability to learn and educational needs. Instructs patient and family in dietary regimen specific to individual needs.
- Provides comprehensive nutritional expertise to members of the health care team. Assists with in service training and ongoing education of food service personnel and other members of the health care team.
- Participates in preventive educational experiences such as health fairs, media exposure or public speaking. Represents the department and hospital philosophy and mission in all public encounters.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement projects. Provides expertise departmentally and represents the department, providing input to nursing units and ancillary departments, as part of an overall patient care process of improvement.
- Prepares professional goals, objectives and plans to facilitate personal and departmental growth, specific to patient population served. Complies with regulations and continuing education requirements regarding licensure with the State of Iowa and registration with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, the credentialing agency for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Maintains effective written and verbal communication within the Nutritional Care Services department and as part of a multi-disciplinary health care team at MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center.
What we are looking for:
- Must be eligible for registration with Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and licensure to practice as a dietitian in the State of Iowa, or have current registration and licensure with the same. Membership as a Certified Diabetes Educator is preferred, but not required.
- Maintains a valid driver’s license if consulting at outside facilities.
- Must have general working knowledge of computers and ability to become proficient with department specific software (i.e. word, excel, AS400, CBORD, internet, etc.)
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com