Website Fremont Public Schools
Fremont Public Schools is a progressive, Class A, PK-12 School District that offers a competitive salary & benefit package! Fremont, located just 25 minutes northwest of Omaha and 45 minutes north of Lincoln, offers a small town atmosphere with big city opportunities. Come join Tiger Nation!
Position: Director of Food Services
Salary: Commensurate with experience and training. Salaried position with generous benefit package. Paid Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Bereavement leave. Full family Health and Dental insurance provided. Health Savings Account available for select health insurance plans. LTD, Life insurance provided. Vision insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, and supplemental insurance policies also available at employee expense. Monthly mileage stipend provided. Enrollment in Nebraska Public Employee Retirement System (state pension plan) as well!
Position Available: 23/24 School Year – start date is as agreed upon
Reports To: General Operations Administrator
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants may apply online at fremonttigers.org. Click on Employment, Current Openings, and follow application instructions.
Applications Will Be Accepted Through: Open Until Filled
All positions are subject to veterans preference. EOE
FREMONT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
It is the policy of Fremont Public Schools to not discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, religion, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, or other protected status in its educational programs, admission policies, employment policies or other administered programs. Persons requiring accommodations to apply and/or be considered for positions are asked to make their request to the Superintendent.
DEPARTMENT: Food Service
JOB TITLE: Director of Food Services
- High School Diploma.
- College degree in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field or any equivalent combination of experience and education which provides the proper knowledge and skills to perform this function.
- None required.
- First Aid/CPR certificates preferred.
Experience Desired: Experience in institutional Food Service Management
- Twelve month work year.
- Considerable knowledge of the standards, regulations, and laws governing food service operations.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods used in large scale food preparation and service.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with food service.
- Skill in supervising the activities of a group of skilled employees.
- Skill in the estimation of supplies and materials needed for the assigned operation.
- Ability to maintain detailed records and prepare clear and concise reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, superiors, associates, and suppliers.
REPORTS TO: General Operations Administrator
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The essential functions of each employee’s position includes (1) regular, dependable in-person attendance on the job; (2) the ability to perform the identified tasks and to possess and utilize the identified knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the identified work activities; and (3) the ability to perform the physical requirements of their specific job description.
Basic: This is a managerial and administrative position. Work involves directing the operation of the District’s Food Service. Work involves direction and supervision of employees engaged in food service functions and in the transportation functions. Work assignments are received in the form of general instructions and work is governed by the principles of sound nutrition and the laws and regulations governing food service operations. Work involves independent planning and directing the operation in adherence to the applicable regulations, standards, and policies.
- Plan menus following nutritional requirements, standards, and guidelines; schedule and assign staff.
- Interview, select, and train food service employees.
- Purchase equipment and supplies, determine quantities to be ordered and place orders.
- Review conditions of kitchen facilities and periodically inspect kitchen and serving areas for cleanliness.
- Prepare Food Service budget recommendations and maintain financial records.
- Prepare reports and statistics on food service activities, expenditures, and anticipated needs.
- Prepare and submit all required federal, state, and local governmental reports.
- Review applications for free or reduced cost meals, verify applicant information and eligibility, and verify meals claimed for reimbursement.
- Perform related work as required.
To apply for this job please visit fps.tedk12.com.