Website Bryan Health
The Clinical Dietitian is responsible for managing an assigned group of patients including assessing patients nutritional status; identifying and prioritizing patient’s nutrition diagnoses or nutritional needs; determining and implementing evidence-based nutrition interventions; evaluating patients’ response to care and progress toward clinical outcomes; and educating patients/family members regarding nutrition therapy options and expected results. The Clinical Dietitian participates in interdisciplinary care planning and communicates nutritional information to healthcare team members.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Commits to the mission, vision, and beliefs and consistently demonstrates our core values.
2. Initiates assessment and reassessment for patients identified at nutritional risk, including the nutrition-focused physical exam for evidence of nutrient deficiency/excess.
3. Synthesizes pertinent initial and ongoing patient data to identify nutrition diagnosis and desired outcomes/goals.
4. Determines and implements individualized age-appropriate nutrition treatment plans by utilizing evidence-based practice as per department standards.
5. Uses the nutrition care process as a framework to guide problem identification, treatment and evaluation, and comprehensive documentation of nutrition care and patient outcomes.
6. Provides education for the patient and family to meet identified patient needs according to their needs, abilities, preferences, and readiness to learn.
7. Evaluates the patient’s response to and effectiveness of nutrition interventions.
8. Evaluates patient’s progress toward established outcomes.
9. Incorporates cultural considerations into the plan/delivery of care.
10. Documents patient care and related information according to the Bryan Medical Center procedures for documentation.
11. Collaborates with team members, patients, and patient’s family members to implement, monitor, and evaluate the treatment plan to improve or maintain nutritional status.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Dietetics or Food and Nutrition with post baccalaureate internship resulting in registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) as a Registered Dietitian (RD). Master’s degree preferred. Current Licensed Medical Nutrition Therapist (LMNT) licensure from the state of Nebraska required. Prior clinical nutrition experience in specialty area preferred.
To apply for this job please visit pm.healthcaresource.com.