Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
This is a great opportunity to join the Nutrition Services/WIC team in a top-tier healthcare organization! Whether you are a newly registered dietitian or an experienced professional looking for a part-time (30/hr a week) position, we would like to talk to you!
Our WIC Dietitians/Supervisors provide nutrition counseling for WIC participants and supervise WIC operations and staff at their designated site(s). Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques, WIC Dietitians provide one-on-one and group counseling for high-risk WIC clients and develop individual care plans and follow-up for those participants. In addition, our WIC Dietitians provide breastfeeding education and support, and work closely with our Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Coordinator and Program to promote enhanced breastfeeding support.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinates and oversees day-to-day WIC program operations in assigned clinic(s).
- Supervises WIC certifying staff, which includes managing WIC schedule, assuring smooth clinic flow and excellent customer service, providing technical assistance as needed, performing regular evaluations and coaching, promoting staff retention and reporting concerns to the Regional Manager.
- Communicates with health care providers on issues pertaining to client needs.
- Maintains assigned caseload and production level at specified site (s)
- Hires, orients and trains new certifying staff.
- Assures the assigned site(s) function efficiently and is/are in compliance with relevant state, federal and corporate regulations.
- Facilitates regularly occurring staff meetings, and conducts staff in-services on relevant topics as needed.
- Actively participates in RD team meetings and interdepartmental meetings, as well as community partnership meetings to discuss issues pertaining to WIC participant needs.
- Coordinates program outreach events and provides information about WIC services to health care providers and community partners to improve access, promote WIC participation and provide consistent nutrition and breastfeeding messages.
- Conducts quality assurance activities.
- Serves as a dietetic intern preceptor when applicable.
- Participates in continuing education activities related to nutrition, breastfeeding and supervision.
If you want to join a team where your work is valued and truly matters, choose YVFWC.
Competitive pay and generous benefits; relocation assistance available.
- Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Dietetics.
- Experience: One year of work experience in WIC preferred, experience working with children, supervisory experience, and proficiency in using computers.
- WA Dietitian positions: Registered Dietitian or be RD eligible. RD exam must be completed within 90 days of hire. If the exam is failed, the employee must take the exam every 55 days following the initial exam date. The RD exam must be passed within 547days (1.5 years) of hire. A current Washington and proof of automobile insurance liability. A passing score of 9 on the ALTA exam is required for bilingual differential pay.
- WA WIC Dietitians only: Medical Assistant-Registered within 1 year of employment; must be applied for within 10 days of employment.
- WA Dietitians only: If going to bill for MSS, Certified Dietitian (or CD eligible and obtains within 90 days of receiving RD status).
We serve more than 149,000 across 24 medical clinics, 12 dental clinics, 8 pharmacies, and 59 program sites in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC’s patient-centered model of care offers patients the full spectrum of care and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working in our organization means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently trust one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster integrity by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate transparency by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create partnerships to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for just treatment for all individuals.
- We will let joy in.
- We have the courage to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/m5m7rdkm33yjz32h
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.Click2Apply.net/m5m7rdkm33yjz32h →