UNMC - College of Allied Health Professions
The University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) College of Allied Health Professions (CAHP) in Omaha, NE is seeking an Instructor for its Medical Nutrition Education program. This position is a full-time appointment with benefits.
Teaching, scholarship/research, clinical care, and service/administration. Teaching responsibilities emphasize research and integrative and functional nutrition.
Scholarship/research should include work that enhances the Division’s commitment to excellence in Medical Nutrition education and the Cancer Center Nutrition Excellence Initiative. Administrative responsibilities include assistance with the Cancer Center Nutrition Excellence Initiative administration and contributions to overall excellence in achieving organization and division goals.
TEACHING (0.20 FTE)
• Assist with teaching and responsibilities as assigned for courses for the UNMC Master of Medical Nutrition students.
– Prepares and delivers class lectures and activities, and grades projects and assignments
– Coordinates class lectures provided by clinicians/preceptors/adjunct instructors as required
– Incorporates teaching strategies that maximize learning impact and accommodate increases in class size, e.g., simulation, experiential learning.
– Develops and implements evaluation tools and strategies aligned with the learning objectives for all courses
• Assist primary MNED faculty as an advisor to students enrolled in the Master of Medical Nutrition degree program, including supervision of capstone research
– Assists in planning and developing student capstone projects
– Mentors assigned students during the completion of their capstone projects
• Provides academic and career counseling for current and prospective students
RESEARCH (0.50 FTE)
• Participates in research/scholarly activity associated with medical nutrition outcomes and integrative/functional nutrition specific to the Cancer Center Nutrition Excellence Initiative.
• Submits abstracts and manuscripts for publication in relevant print/electronic publications
Participates in seeking grant support for scholarly activity
CLINICAL CARE (0.20 FTE)
• Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy to relevant patient populations at Nebraska Medicine
SERVICE AND ADMINISTRATION (0.10 FTE)
• Participates with the Program Director and Faculty in establishing and maintaining a continuous and systematic process of curriculum development, assessment, evaluation and implementation for all clinical courses for the UNMC Master of Medical Nutrition Program
• Assists Program Director in coordinating curriculum related activities, e.g., preceptor training, to ensure that all clinical course competencies are met
• Participates in CAHP/UNMC Committee work to achieve organizational goals
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a Medical Nutrition Therapist (L.M.N.T.) – Nebraska Department of Health
• Registered Dietitian (R.D.) – Commission on Dietetic Registration
• Master’s Degree in nutrition, management/administration, education or related field
Apply online to include your CV and cover letter at http://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/44191
Individuals of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/44191 →