Website University of Nebraska - Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help others create healthier lifestyles for a higher quality of life? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs in food, nutrition, and health? University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the UNL Extension team you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high performing teams to create and deliver world class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Osceola, Nebraska and serving Polk, Platte, Butler, York, Seward Counties and statewide. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will be food, nutrition and health. This person will teach and coordinate food, nutrition and health programs regionally in a) nutrition education and health promotion; b) food safety education; and c) food literacy.
· Master’s degree required; one degree in Nutrition and Health Sciences; Nutrition, Exercise and Health Sciences; Dietetics; Nutrition Education; Public Health or closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by start date.
· Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e. publications, presentations, web and social media).
· Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or Community Health Education Specialist
· Minimum of 1-year experience in nutrition or health related field.
· Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
· Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
· Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting and/or cost recovery efforts.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
Review of applications will begin on 03/09/20. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found or search is closed. Candidates must apply online at http://employment.unl.edu. (Requisition number: F_200018). Click on the “Apply for this position” button above or below; or sign on and complete or review existing Information Form. You will be required to attach the following documents:
– Cover Letter
– List of three professional references
– Transcripts (official or unofficial) or grade report listing courses taken, the institution where they were taken and final grade. Transcripts must be attached to the online application (as “Other Document”), attached to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to 402-624-8010. Please make sure to black out your social security number before you send or upload your transcripts/grade report.
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com