Website University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Open Rank Extension Educator – Food, Nutrition, and Health/Nutrition Education Program (Douglas-Sarpy Counties)
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Do you have the drive to help others create healthier lifestyles for a higher quality of life? Can you be a strong regional expert and develop focused, comprehensive learning programs in food, nutrition, and health? Nebraska Extension is an organization that values individuals who excel, adapt easily, exhibit passion for helping others, and are excellent communicators. As a member of the Nebraska Extension team, you will collaborate with research and extension faculty who are leaders in their field. You will work with high-performing teams to create and deliver world-class, innovative learning experiences that empower Nebraskans to improve their lives around critical issues.
We have an excellent opportunity for a full-time faculty position located in Omaha, Nebraska, and serving Douglas and Sarpy Counties and statewide. We want individuals who are self-directed and able to work in a flexible environment. The focus of this position will be food, nutrition, and health/Nutrition Education Program. This person will teach and coordinate food, nutrition, and health programs regionally in a) nutrition education and health promotion; b) food safety education; and c) food/health literacy.
Recognizing that diversity within a context of inclusivity enhances creativity, innovation, impact, and a sense of belonging, the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR) and Nebraska Extension are committed to creating learning, research, Extension programming, and work environments that are inclusive of all forms of human diversity. We actively encourage applications from and nominations of individuals from underrepresented groups.
- Master’s degree required; one degree in Nutrition and Health Sciences; Nutrition, Exercise and Health Sciences; Dietetics; Nutrition Education; Public Health; or a closely related field. Master’s degree must be completed by start date.
- Successful experience teaching in a formal or non-formal setting.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., publications, presentations, web, and social media).
- Registered Dietitian (RD), Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN), or Community Health Education Specialist.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in nutrition or a health-related field.
- Outstanding leadership skills as demonstrated by roles in college, career, and/or community activities.
- Understanding of different ethnic and socioeconomic audiences and a commitment to developing and delivering both inclusive and targeted programming.
- Successful experience in developing financial support for educational programs including grant writing, fund generation, contracting, and/or cost recovery efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and programs.
Employment-based permanent residency sponsorship is not available for this position now or in the future.
Review of applications will begin September 30, 2022 and continue until the position is filled or the search is closed. To view details of the position and create an application, go to https://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_220151. Click “Apply to this job.” Complete the application. Attach 1) a letter of interest that describes your qualifications for the job and anticipated contributions; 2) your curriculum vitae; and 3) contact information for three professional references. In addition, within the application, please complete the required supplemental question(s), one specifically about the value you place on diversity and your anticipated contributions to creating inclusive environments in which every person and every interaction matters (see https://ianr.unl.edu/tips-writing-about-commitment-to-deib for guidance in writing this statement).
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
To apply for this job please visit employment.unl.edu.