Website Southeast Community College
The Culinary/Hospitality Adjunct Instructor is responsible for instructing students on campus, online, and via distance learning. Adjunct teaching assignments for this position include, but are not limited to, the Basic Nutrition course. Instructor will teach preset curriculum, implement teaching strategies, monitors and evaluates student progress and keeps accurate student records.
• Provide Instruction in Assigned Subject areas. Provide instruction to a diverse student population according to the objectives of each course assigned and manage the classroom in its entirety. These courses include the Basic Nutrition class. The instructor will utilize a variety of instruction strategies in the classroom/laboratory that include, but are not limited to, lecture, small groups, demonstrations and distance learning.
• Operate and utilize as part of the teaching process appropriate audio visual equipment and classroom media workstation, as well as course management software and media for distance learning.
• Provide for Student Evaluation and Record-keeping and Assessment. Prepare and administer evaluation instruments and maintain accurate student records on attendance, achievement, progress and assessment.
• Maintain security of college equipment and materials.
• Promotes/Support Diversity. Promote and support the College’s diversity goals; promote/support Access, Fair Employment, EEO, Equity and Diversity programs.
Promote/Support the Organizational Environment through Goal 9 of the Strategic Plan: Promote and support the College’s organizational environment goals. Maximize operational efficiency by enhancing policies and procedures, staffing, and communication processes and practices. Enhance positive communication processes and practices, and maximize a positive and engaging organizational environment by encouraging input, reflective and transparent communication, and compassion and respect toward the views and ideas of others.
• Master of Science degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
• Three (3) years’ work experience as a dietitian in a food service facility including both clinical and management experience.
• Registered Dietitian.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://southeast.peopleadmin.com/hr →