Website Southeast Community College
The Basic Nutrition Adjunct Instructor is responsible for instructing students on the Lincoln Campus for classes either Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings or Monday/Wednesday afternoons. Adjunct teaching assignments for this position include, but are not limited to, the Basic Nutrition course. Instructor will teach preset curriculum, implement teaching strategies, monitor and evaluate student progress and keep accurate student records.
• Provide Instruction in Assigned Subject areas. Provide instruction to a diverse student population according to the objectives of each course assigned and manage the classroom in its entirety. These courses include the Basic Nutrition class. The instructor will utilize a variety of instruction strategies in the classroom/laboratory that include, but are not limited to, lecture, small groups, demonstrations and distance learning.
• Operate and utilize as part of the teaching process appropriate audio visual equipment and classroom media workstation, as well as course management software and media for distance learning.
• Provide for Student Evaluation and Record-keeping and Assessment. Prepare and administer evaluation instruments and maintain accurate student records on attendance, achievement, progress and assessment.
• Maintain security of college equipment and materials.
• Promotes/Support Diversity. Promote and support the College’s diversity goals; promote/support Access, Fair Employment, EEO, Equity and Diversity programs.
Promote/Support the Organizational Environment through Goal 9 of the Strategic Plan: Promote and support the College’s organizational environment goals. Maximize operational efficiency by enhancing policies and procedures, staffing, and communication processes and practices. Enhance positive communication processes and practices, and maximize a positive and engaging organizational environment by encouraging input, reflective and transparent communication, and compassion and respect toward the views and ideas of others.
Thank you for your interest in the Adjunct Instructor position. At this time your application will remain in the open pool and if the College needs to hire additional adjuncts in the future due to a change in departmental needs, you may be contacted. This position is on an as needed basis.
To apply for this job please visit southeast.peopleadmin.com.