Website Family Service Lincoln
Family Service Lincoln is home to one of 13 WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) clinics in Nebraska. We are looking for a full time OR part time (22-28 hours/week-including two Saturday mornings/month) dietitian, nurse or nutritionist to help serve our clients. There will be some flexibility in schedule.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Nutrition Assessment and Education
· Complete nutrition assessment using the nutrition interview and relevant panels in Journey.
· Use client centered counseling and motivational interviewing techniques to provide education.
· Work cooperatively with participants in setting achievable goals.
· Correctly identify all relevant risk codes and educate on risks.
· Promote and support breastfeeding.
· Assign food packages and explain the food package/food brochure/WIC shopper app to participants.
· Review printed benefit list with each family.
· Weigh and measure clients and discuss the growth chart/prenatal weight gain.
· Obtain hemoglobin and explain results.
· Evaluate immunization record and document in computer system.
· Support breastfeeding peer counselor program by referring relevant participants.
· Document client information in the relevant panels and complete a care plan for each certification and nutrition education.
· Document referrals.
· Document nutrition education topics discussed and pamphlets provided.
· Complete state WIC Personal Activity Report (PAR) timesheet.
· Contact physician offices to gather additional information, and physician authorization as needed.
· May be asked to assist with CPA work schedule.
· Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
· Travel to and work at satellite clinics.
· Restock educational materials.
· Answer phone calls and perform various clerical duties as requested.
Agency Involvement and Professional Growth
· Participate in agency Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) process as requested.
· Participate in agency committees as requested.
· Participate in staff and agency meetings per procedure.
· Demonstrate professional growth.
· Participate in outreach activities as requested.
Maintain a positive respectful demeanor in all contacts with clients, visitors and staff.
Consult with program coordinator to gain guidance in handling difficult client situations and establishing priorities for the job.
Work to build positive productive relationships with other staff.
Work for others as needed to cover PTO.
Support training clinic by promoting a positive learning environment.
Embraces and displays sensitivity relative to the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the agency’s service population.
Mission and Core Values
Completes work assignments/expectations within the agency’s mission of “Helping Families Thrive” and embodies the agency’s core values by being family-focused, adaptable, passionate, collaborative, accountable, and preventative.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of pediatric and maternal nutrition required. Bilingual skills (Spanish and English) desirable.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related field required. Registered Dietitian or Registered Nurse preferred. Experience in operating personal computers and knowledge of word processing, database, and WIC Journey software desirable.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
RD or RN preferred. CLC or IBCLC a plus. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and own mode of transportation at the time of hire and throughout course of employment.
Characterized as medium work requiring exertion of 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com