Website Boys Town National Research Hospital
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Clinical Dietitian, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide overall nutritional care of patients in the hospital and the outpatient locations. Promote the nutritional needs of the patients by completing assessments in a timely manner and creating plans for interventions. Oversees the nutritional care process including nutrition assessment, determining nutrition diagnosis, developing and implementing nutritional interventions, and monitoring and evaluating the patients’ progress.
Schedule: Full-Time, 40 hours a week, Day Hours
- Works closely with multiple health care teams and medical providers to provide nutrition services and medical nutrition therapy to identified patients.
- Develops and implements appropriate nutrition-focused plans per assessment/reassessment guidelines.
- Provides education to patients, residents, families and caregivers as measured by chart reviews.
- Obtains diet histories to evaluate intake and make appropriate nutrition recommendations.
- Maintains quantitative measures required by accreditation and local, state, and federal regulatory agencies; including licensure, registration, and continuing education (CEU’s).
- Establishes and reviews policies related to clinical nutrition.
- Provides services to clinic patients by appointment.
- Master’s degree in nutrition/dietetics or related field, or similar degree with completed internship
- Registration/membership in the American Dietetic Association, preferred
- Minimum of one to three years previous work experience
- Licensed medical nutrition therapist (LMNT) in the State of Nebraska
- Knowledge of diabetic and ketogenic diets, preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts, and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 14th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.
To apply for this job please visit phg.tbe.taleo.net.