Website Antelope Memorial Hospital
Antelope Memorial Hospital, located in Neligh, Nebraska, is staffed with an award-winning network of health care providers. AMH offers quality medical care to approximately 8,000 area residents, located in 15 rural communities in seven counties. The population served is for all ages, ranging from newborns to the elderly. The AMH providers and staff are dedicated to providing health care excellence to their patients delivered with compassion, empathy and professional expertise.
We are currently hiring for a fulltime, Dietary Services Director.
Reports To: CEO
Position Summary: Directs activities of Dietary Services Department providing quantity food service and nutritional care for the patient population, visitors, guests and hospital staff. Administers, plans and directs activities of department providing quantity food service. Establishes policies and procedures, and provides administrative direction of menu formulation, food preparation and service, purchasing, sanitation standards, safety practices and personnel utilization. Selects professional dietetic staff and directs departmental education programs. Coordinates interdepartmental professional activities, and acts as resource person to staff and management on matters pertaining to dietetics. Participates in CQI performance improvement activities and educates all staff members
· Determines quality and quantity of food required, plans and prepares master menus, supervises the planning of menus for therapeutic diets and controls food costs.
· Supervises food production and service programs, as well as departmental personnel involved.
· Ensures food preparation for optimal nutrition (including attention to various age groups of patients) and economic handling of food, as well as efficient usage of time.
· Plans menus, purchases food and assigns duties for special functions, such as medical staff meetings, board meetings, recognition dinners and other related hospital functions.
· Checks food for flavor, temperature and appearance on a regular basis.
· Confers with other departments, such as the medical staff and nursing, regarding the technical and administrative aspects of dietetic service.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Evaluates personnel on a regular basis according to prescribed guidelines; terminates personnel according to standard procedure, as required.
· Prepares departmental budget on an annual basis.
· Makes frequent inspection of all work, storage and servicing areas to determine that regulations and directions governing dietetic activities are followed
· Develops and prepares policies and procedures governing handling and storage of supplies, equipment, sanitation and record keeping and compiling of reports.
· Reviews department performance and institutes changes in techniques or procedures to improve services, simplify work flow, assure compliance with regulatory requirements and promotes more efficient operation of the Dietary Services Department.
· Develops standards of performance, determines areas of responsibility, assigns responsibility and accountability and delegates authority to the various managerial, supervisory and professional members of the staff.
· Reviews records and reports covering number and kinds of regular and therapeutic diets prepared, nutritional and caloric analysis of meals, costs of raw food and labor, computations of daily ration cost and inventory of equipment and supplies.
Participates in continuing educational requirements to maintain registration.
Licensed dietitian status
Recent experience in managing the food services in an acute hospital.
To apply complete an application for employment found at www.amhne.org,
or contact Megan Becklun, H.R., firstname.lastname@example.org
Antelope Memorial Hospital
102 W 9th St., Neligh, NE 68756
To apply for this job please visit www.amhne.org.